04 January 2012

A LITTLE MUSIC, MAESTRO



This is just dandy ~ a website where you can enter your birth date and year (or any other significant date you're interested in), and see what song was #1 on the U.S. pop music charts.  The listings extend back to 1940 ~ not far enough, in my opinion, since some great song-writing was going on in the 1920s and 1930s.  It turns out my song was an orchestral version of "Heartaches" by the Ted Weems orchestra.  I like the vocal version better.  Sometimes it seems that the lyrics are the story of my love life, at least when I'm feeling sorry for myself.  


Here's another dandy ~ a video of first lady Michelle Obama getting her Let's Move! dancing groove on, at a Washington DC middle school.  Michelle's got moves ~ and she's clearly having a great time as she campaigns to end childhood obesity.  Kind of a refreshing change from the staid decorum of most world leaders and their spouses.  You go, girl !

No comments:

Post a Comment