21 September 2012

A WEE SMALL FANTASY


Among my many computerized lists are my favorite male and female actors ~ each entry including several films in which that person has appeared.  It goes without saying that for the list of women actors, there are many I find deeply attractive (Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, Zoe Saldana, Juliette Binoche, Sarah Shahi, and Tricia Helfer, to name a few).  If I were offered the opportunity to spend time with just one woman from that list, difficult though the choice would be, I would arrive at last with Natascha McElhone.  

She first caught my eye with her riveting performance as an Irish terrorist in the 1998 film Ronin, opposite Robert De Niro.  More recently, I've become hooked on the TV series Californication, in which she plays the girlfriend of David Duchovney's character.  Their relationship ricochets from tender to volcanic, anchored by their precocious daughter.

I can't help it, I'm a sucker for beautiful eyes, and Natascha has them in spades (see image above, click to enlarge).  I'm also a sucker for a lithe and slender figure, one which conveys health, athleticism, and grace.  Above all, I'm drawn to intelligence, sensitivity and humor.  Clearly I don't know Natascha personally, but my intuition tells me that I would be far from disappointed.

Sadly, she lost her husband in 2008, leaving her with three sons.  She's written a book entitled After You, based on letters and diary entries written to her husband after his passing.  A pensive soul.  A daring actor.  A woman I would like to call friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment